**HHBR CANNOT TAKE IN ANY OWNER RELEASE BASSET HOUNDS AT THIS TIME!**
If you are a previous adopter and are needing to return your HHBR adopted Basset please continue through the form below and we will be in touch asap!
Surrendering A Basset Hound
Hounds Haven Basset Rescue is a very small all volunteer based rescue. We rely on area representatives to help us become aware of Basset Hounds in need of being re-homed or that are in high-euthanizing shelters.
We understand, for whatever the circumstances may be, that owners sometimes have to relinquish their beloved Basset(s) to rescue. First we want to thank you for considering placing the hound in need with rescue instead of just taking it to the local shelter.
We will try everything in our power to make any owner surrender Basset coming into rescue feel the most comfortable they can. And if our rescue is full we will work diligently with other great rescues to place the hound there.
A few things we WILL require when surrendering your Basset to rescue
- completely current on all of the below vetting:
- DA2PP +/- Lepto
- Rabies—current within the last year
- HW Tested in the past year—must be a negative test or if positive have been treated for the Heartworm Disease
- De-wormed if Fecal is positive
- De-Fleaded (with Frontline or similar product)
- Dental Exam in past year
- Dental cleaning if exam warrants it
If these requirements can not be met, we kindly request you make a donation to rescue to help offset the costs of rescue having to vet the hound in question. These costs will be at discounted rates graciously provided by our rescue veterinarian.
**please note not all owner surrender Basset's will have this vetting and due to unseen circumstances HHBR understands it may not be possible for surrendering owners to get the hounds vetted, we will consider each hound individually**
- Can the Basset needing re-homing stay with it's current family while we work cooperatively to place the Basset into a correct foster home within HHBR's Foster Program. Dependent on the current intake list HHBR may need up to 2 weeks to be able to help take in the hound in need.
- We kindly request you surrender your Basset with all of it's personal belongings. Included but not limited to it's leash, collar, bedding, crate, bowls, etc. All the belongings you send with the hound will stay with him/her their entire journey in our foster program and will be sent on with them to their new adoptive families.
**PLEASE NOTE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION IN IT'S ENTIRETY WILL HELP US PROCESS YOUR REQUEST IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER**
**PLEASE NOTE DUE TO THIS BEING AN ALL VOLUNTEER RESCUE WEEKEND INQUIRIES WILL BE ANSWERED ON MONDAY..THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING**